Planet News Views

Thursday, January 11, 2007

More U.S. Troops in Iraq... Why??

I'm sipping on a latte. I'm tired and feeling kind of sad after President Bush's speech Wednesday evening. The president wants more than 20,000 additional troops sent to Iraq.

The majority of Americans are opposed to the War in Iraq. As previously noted, I have chosen to capitalize "War" out of respect and concern for the soldiers and all who have been killed in Iraq, including soldiers and civilians.

Democratic leaders should not give the president the funding necessary for more troops to Iraq.


Violence in Iraq is causing an alarming number of deaths. It's a good reason to begin bringing troops home, the exact opposite of sending more troops. That's all I have to say at this moment.

I'm reading over what Democratic leaders had to say about the president's plan. My goal is to write an analysis article during the next few days or week.

6 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger kazuia said...

Hi, Scott

Have you ever been to brasil? if so, maybe the possibility which we know each other will be up! sorry but we don`t know mutualy certainly, any way.

I are comenting the first time now, and exiciting. And I would like to continue to check your blog from now on. So keep do article well as you do now.

And I would like you to talk about CAFE, woudn`t you! because when I got your coment is treated about cafe, I thought.

Tchau tchau!

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.. you are quite the writer... =)

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Scott McLean said...

Hi Kazuia,

Thanks for leaving such a nice comment! I really appreciate it. I have not been to Brasil. However, it would be a great country to visit!

I like iced coffee with sugar and milk. Cafes and coffee houses where they serve lattes and other espresso drinks are fun places.

As time goes by, I will go back to your blog and see what you are writing. I wish you the best this year!

Scott

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Scott McLean said...

Hi Jean,

I appreciate your kind comment! I'm glad you stopped by my blog. Take care.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!
This comment has absolutely nothing to do with your article, but I didn't know where else to post it..?
Thank you for the new year's greeting :-)
Your name sounds very familiar, have you written any books? Hehe..
But thanks again anyway and have an awesome new year. Cheers!

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, Scott

Thanks for visiting my blog. and I like yours too. I am Chinese student study in Malaysia, starting my blog cos I want to try to write in English.

I think "War" is always shouldn't be a choice. People suffers pain and death, any parties....Just so sad.

anyway..hope u have a nice day and always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home