Planet News Views

Sunday, March 26, 2006

When News Takes Backseat To Ads It's Not Pretty


Opinion
By Scott McLean


Just this one time I want to say something like the following: At 6 o'clock we will have a major news story, which is still developing and it could change the world as we know it.

I've heard it all before many times, it's 2 pm, words like those above suck me in, and by 5 pm they have me wrapped in knots. What's going to happen??? Tell me now, I can't wait any longer!!!


In between, they report some other smaller news stories, sure, but lots and lots of ads.

That's one reason why Planet News Views does not have ads, although we support each individual's choice to use ads on their website.

Ads are fine in their place. But their place isn't my place. I hope you will enjoy this weblog and come back any hour or day of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home