Planet News Views

Friday, February 23, 2007

Blaming the Cold Night For My 'Frozen' Mind

There are days when nothing seems to go right. Writers have tough moments that can turn to hours, often blamed on writer's block. Variations of my own very personal 'mind freeze' exist.

It could be that ideas dance around in my mind, but the words don't want to join them. And other times ideas are nowhere to be found, but an endless stream of words appear that make little sense as a whole.

In the old days, back when people were using typewriters, balls of paper were scattered on my floor, all around the wastebasket.

Just think how many trees that paper equaled when multiplied by all the typerwriters. Of course, since the shift to computers the modern world has found countless other ways to plunder the forests, which, though this may seem a strange idea, should have rights to survive forever.


Yeah, you're right: It's the espresso talking. Or at least it's helping a bit to jumpstart my mind.

Just kicking back with an espresso drink is a lot of fun, whether that's on my home turf or on a trip, such as when I visited Makati, Philippines.

2 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Horny Ang Moh said...

Hi scott! Yes, a hot cup of steaming coffee will do wander for your brain. As for me I nomally have a cup of hot cocoa plus some 'horny' thought to get me going. Have a nice day.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Have you gone to the Philippines? Nice, huh! Next you visit try our kapeng barako , the native coffee brewed in Batangas province. Nice day!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home